How it works
The NFU CCL Scheme was open for a very short window to new entrants until 31 March 2022. CCL discount is available to Climate Change Agreement holders until March 2025 and you must maintain your compliance right up till the end of the scheme.
If you currently hold a Climate Change Agreement our CCL experts can assist with:
- Ensuring ongoing compliance: for instance, are you keeping sufficient records? Are your process map and 70:30 assessment up to date? Have you made any changes to which the Environment Agency should have been notified?
- Support before and after audits: we can help to ensure you're ready for an audit and/or assist you in responding and carrying out necessary actions after an audit
- Ensuring that you've claimed and have been receiving all the discount you've been entitled to and helping with any back claims
How you benefit
- Reduces the burden of administering the scheme yourself – you keep all the necessary records and we provide the process, system, regular communications, and ongoing support to make all the reporting and admin as easy as possible for you.
- Assures your compliance with the scheme for as long as it lasts – you benefit from our experience of running the scheme since it started in 2001 and we keep on top of and let you know about all scheme changes and developments.
- Access to and simple explanations from friendly, down-to-earth advisers - to help you understand exactly what you need to do and answer any questions at any time.
What to do next
The future of the CCL Scheme
While the current scheme is closed to new entrants and due to end in March 2025, the Government's Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) is currently considering options for the future. We'll update this page when further information becomes available.