What’s the difference?
Simply the difference between ESOS and SECR is what they measure; ESOS examines energy use, while SECR focuses on a company’s emissions.
ESOS identifies opportunities to improve energy efficiency, and these will be listed in a report. However, SECR reports on what actions need to be taken during the reporting year to cut energy use and emissions.
Our compliance experts will:
- Advise you whether you need to comply with either scheme.
- If you do, explain how to register and what audits you require.
- Carry out the relevant on-site audits if needed
- Help you define, implement, measure and refine your energy management strategy.
- Register your ESOS compliance on the Environment Agency website.
- Provide you with an evidence pack including all the necessary data and reports.
In short, we take care of everything for you.
How you benefit
- You have complete assurance that all angles are covered to ensure compliance – our ESOS Lead Assessors have engineering experience, knowledge of other compliance systems such as CCL, and working experience with energy procurement and measurement systems.
- We will help you define, implement, measure and refine your energy management strategy ensuring you meet your SECR compliance.
- No delays or long lead times - we have a full range of specialist equipment so you don’t have to wait for work such as thermal imaging, electrical consumption profiling and environmental temperature, pressure, flow and humidity monitoring.
- Expert, dedicated attention – we keep all audit work in-house with no sub-contracting so that we can work directly with you to fully understand your energy use and specific audit requirements.
ESOS Phase 3
The ESOS Phase 2 deadline has passed. Phase 3 qualification date is the 31 December 2022 and the compliance date is 5 June 2024. Give us a call so we can help you avoid any fines by starting the compliance process now.
What to do next
Call us on 024 7669 6512 to talk to the team to discuss support for your ESOS obligations.
Please have to hand details of your company, your turnover, number of employees, the type of energy you use, and approximately how much energy you use a year.
Full details of the ESOS scheme can be found on the GOV.UK website here.