Helping you develop renewable energy schemes on your land
There’s never been a better time to develop renewable energy schemes, thanks to rising energy prices, the falling cost of renewable energy technologies, and the Government’s commitment to energy security and net zero.
This creates opportunities for farmers and growers, who have the potential to earn millions of pounds from hosting schemes on their land. However, the development process is not straightforward, and it can be easy to miss out on opportunities, select the wrong partner, or leave money on the table.
Many farmers are approached directly by land developers without any prior introduction. All NFU Energy partners have been through a rigorous accreditation process and are monitored by our own Renewable Energy Solutions team, removing the hassle of identifying a trustworthy developer.
How we can help you
NFU Energy can help you maximise your chances of successfully developing a renewable energy scheme and the income you earn from it. We have partnered with several accredited developers to provide lease options for solar PV, battery storage, or wind turbines.
Here’s three ways in which we can assist you:
- Feasibility discussion: We provide a desktop assessment of your land and give you our professional opinion on its potential to host a renewable energy scheme.
- Grid offer: We can submit a formal grid connection application on your behalf, in conjunction with one of our accredited partners, to maximise your chances of securing a viable connection offer.
- Developer selection: We run a competitive process to help you select the right renewable energy developer and secure competitive terms with them.
We combine the NFU’s experience at the heart of agriculture with our partners’ unrivalled technical excellence and track record.
- We will tell you straight whether your land has the potential to host a scheme.
- Our grid application success rate is around five times higher than the industry average.
- Our approach materially strengthens your negotiating position with developers.
And we’re the NFU, so you know we have your best interests at heart.
What to do next
If you are interested in finding out more, get in touch on [email protected] or 024 7669 6512.
If you prefer, fill out the form below and one of our experts will be in touch within the next few days: