Ofgem has released a notification that the following meters are not compliant with GB regulations where the heat conveying liquid being measured is typically greater than 30°C:
- Meters that have only been shown to meet Class 2 accuracy requirements under ISO 4064:2014.
- Meters that have only been shown to meet the accuracy requirements set out in Annex MI-001 of the MID.
What to do if you have a non-compliant meter...
- Any new Renewable Heat Incentive applications after the 17 October 2019 - These installations will not be accredited until the non-compliant meters are swapped for compliant ones.
- Installations that are already accredited:
- Any non-compliant meters that are functioning will need to be replaced with new, compliant meters when each meter is next due for calibration.
- If you have a non-compliant meter that is faulty you will need to replace it with a new, compliant meter.
Remember that any replacement meters will require an RHI amendment to your accreditation. The team here at NFU Energy can help you with your amendment, give us a call on 024 7669 8899 or send us an email.