Are you a Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI) Scheme participant? Do you struggle with your regular data submissions that are required to fulfil the obligations of the Scheme? Are you checking to make sure the readings are in line with your expectations?
Taking and submitting regular meter readings are part of your ongoing obligations. You need to make sure you get the timing right and that the readings are submitted correctly, as they determine how much you get paid. You need to ensure that you report your sustainability correctly for your fuel. Continued late submission of data and/or the failure to take readings at the required time may result in compliance action being taken.
This can be a complex process and we are here to help with our Periodic Data Submission (PDS) service.
There are several variations in the service:
Systems less than 1 MW
We will gather and check your meter reads and any relevant fuel information to make quarterly submissions to Ofgem on your behalf. We will advise and assist with how you can meet your sustainability requirements.
Systems greater than 1 MW
If you have a system greater than 1 MW, we will make monthly submissions to Ofgem together with meter reads, fuel measurement and sustainability information required. Depending on the type of fuel used, Ofgem will also require lab reports for contamination testing which you will need to complete yourself.
Reporting your sustainability
Here is how we help with the different ways of reporting:
- Self-Reporting: We will require your complete set of fuel data (tonnages, moisture content etc.) These submissions require a GHG calculation to be made based on the information provided. We will calculate these using the Ofgem approved software and provide you with the report for your records
- Biomass Suppliers List and Sustainable Fuel Register: We will keep this up to date for you with correct numbers for your submissions.
- Waste: We will gather a complete set of fuel data (tonnages, proof of waste – by invoice, delivery note etc.)
How we collect the data from you
- Every month, we will send an email reminder to you. This is to ensure that we build a decent set of data in case of any issues, audits, or queries from Ofgem.
- Then we will send a quarterly reminder a week before the actual submission is due and will outline what information is required for the submission.
If you would like to find out more about how we can help you with your data submissions, please get in touch with the team on 024 7669 8899.