Read our top five energy related news stories from the last couple of weeks. Energy is always in the news in one way or another, from renewable energy technology advancements and the latest from the ‘big six’ energy suppliers to advancements in energy saving and sustainability. In this blog, we share more about our favourite energy news stories from the last couple of weeks:
- Brazil’s power grid puts reserves on the bench for World Cup - Brazil’s power grid is braced to deal with massive swings in electricity demand as the World Cup kicks off and the country’s fans abandon their daily routines. Read more here
- Planning permission given for Scotland's largest solar project - The plant will generate enough electricity to meet annual demand of just over 10,000 households in Scotland. Read more here
- ADBA points to biomethane for vehicles - Biomethane from anaerobic digestion (AD) is “the only practical means of decarbonising HGVs, buses, and other large vehicles”, according to the head of the UK’s AD industry association. Read more here
- UK SMEs granted £8.8m to trial innovative smart meter tech - The UK Government has awarded £8.8 million to small and medium size businesses (SMEs) to take control of their energy use through the use of smart meters. Read more here
- Gatwick Airport flies high with new renewable deal - By using clean power, the UK’s second largest airport claims it saves enough carbon to fill Wembley Stadium five times. Read more here
Find out how we can help you with all your energy needs by giving the team a call on 024 7669 6512.